| Observing Location | VP |
| Observational Period | 1215-1230 EST |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Scattered Clouds <25% stratus |
| Temperature | 34° F |
| Wind | Calm |
| Humidity | Low |
| Feels Like | Cool |
It is supposed to be clear but I can are a deck of stratus clouds off to the SW. The temperature hasn't changed much since last night but without the wind it almost feels warm sitting there in the Sun.
|
| Instruments | Brunton 8x21 compact binocular w/Baader AstroSolar filter film - Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
I had planned to get up at .530 EST to go out and photograph the last quarter apogean Moon but slept through the night and the alarm going off right next to my ear. It is a good thing I made those insurance pictures yesterday morning – if they turn out.
| Target | Sunspots |
| Constellation | Sgr |
| Category | Solar |
Time yyyymmdd.hhmm | 20070111.1215 EST |
| Comments |
Distance Light Time | 0.983AU 8m11s |
| Angular Size | 32'32" |
Heliographic Latitude (B0) | -4.17° |
Heliographic Longitude (L0) | 318.10° |
Position Angle (P) | -2.91° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2052 |
| | Groups | Spots | R |
| North | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| South | 1 | 1 | 1 |
| Total | 1 | 1 | 1 |
| R = (Groups * 10) + Spots) |
I can only see the big spot of Group 930 today.
- Group 930
-
| Heliographic Latitude | -9° |
| Heliographic Longitude | 11° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2051 |
| Mcintosh System | |
|---|
The group is over near the foreshortening zone. I can see a little but of penumbra. The central spot is still large and round.
Every day when I look up the Sun latitudes and longitudes I see the CR listed twice, once for the center of the sun and once for the sunspot location. They have always been the same number
|
|---|
|
<< Home