| Observing Location | VP |
| Observational Period | 1030-1015 EDT |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Overcast |
| Temperature | 77°F |
| Wind | Calm |
| Humidity | High |
| Feels Like | Opressively hot and muggy |
I don’t know if I am looking up into cloud or into haze, but there is a ring of something lit up around the Sun in my filter and I can see stripes across its disc.
|
| Instruments | Brunton 8x21 compact binocular w/Welco gold shade 14 welder's filter - Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
| Target | Sunspots |
| Constellation | Gem |
| Category | Solar |
Time yyyymmdd.hhmm | 20070719.1030 EDT |
| Comments |
Distance Light Time | 1.016228 AU 8ms |
| Angular Size | 31'31.6" |
| Altitude | 52.4° |
Heliographic Latitude (B0) | 4.72° |
Heliographic Longitude (L0) | 343.77° |
Position Angle (P) | 5.46° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2059 |
I can’t make out anything on the sun but the stripes of atmosphere between me and it. Space Weather and Active Region Explorer both say that Group 963 is still there.
| | Groups | Spots | R |
| North | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| South | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Total | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| R = (Groups * 10) + Spots) |
|
|---|
|
I got word today that Columbia has cancelled their observing session for tomorrow night and announced another one for 17 August at 2000 EDT.
<< Home