| Observing Location | PSC |
| Observational Period | 1130-1145 EST |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Scattered |
| Temperature | |
| Wind | Light Breeze |
| Humidity | |
| Feels Like | Really cold |
I think the weather forecast was for it to be windier than what I experienced and the reports I was hearing on the radio were that the water, probably along the Belt Parkway, was really whipped up. The air seemed very stable and I didn't notice boiling of have to do a lot of focusing.
|
| Instruments | Brunton 8x21 compact binocular w/Welco gold shade 14 welder's filter - Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
| Target | Sunspots |
| Constellation | Cap |
| Category | Solar |
Time yyyymmdd.hhmm | 20070208.1130 EST |
| Comments |
Distance Light Time | 0.986 AU 8m12s |
| Angular Size | 32'26" |
Heliographic Latitude (B0) | -6.49° |
Heliographic Longitude (L0) | 309.84° |
Position Angle (P) | -15.01° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2053 |
Group 941 is all alone on the disk today. Active Region Explorer yesterday indicated Group 939 on the back side of the Sun near the limb so it might have rotated onto the front side by now but it was only indicated as a pore or flare region (I don't remember now which the dots signify) so I would not see it, particularly with my low magnification optics.
| | Groups | Spots | R |
| North | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| South | 1 | 1 | 11 |
| Total | 1 | 1 | 11 |
| R = (Groups * 10) + Spots) |
- Group 941
-
| Heliographic Latitude | -4° |
| Heliographic Longitude | 8° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2052 |
| Mcintosh System | |
|---|
Southern Hemisphere The spot is small and shows no detail in these optics but is easily seen. It is now over by the foreshortening zone and will probably be hard on the limb, and invisible to me, tomorrow.
|
|---|
|
My subway crosses over the Bronx River and I noticed today that it is frozen. I am sure that it has been like that for a few days now, but today is the first time I have noticed it.
There is a leaking fire hydrant down the block from me and there are inches of solid ice along the curb and around the tires of the parked cars all the way to the storm sewer at the end of the block.
I think a mini ice age is here and they are saying it isn't going anywhere soon. Temperatures are supposed to only rarely get above freezing through the middle of next week and they are saying there is the possibility of a storm then.
<< Home