| Observing Location | VP |
| Observational Period | 1130-1145 EST |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
I had to do a lot of focusing today to keep the spots crisp.
|
| Instruments | Canon 15x50 IS binocular w/Baader AstroSolar filter film - Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
| Target | Sunspots |
| Constellation | Lib |
| Category | Solar |
| Time | 20061103.1130 EST |
| Comments |
Heliographic Latitude (B0) | +4.12° |
Heliographic Longitude (L0) | 147.17° |
Position Angle (P) | +24.06° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2049 |
I am not calling the group that I previously interpreted as two groups Group 921.
Zooming in on the SOHO image in Photoshop I can count at least 27 spots and there is a single spot group north of the equator that hasn't been numbered yet.
| | Groups | Spots | R |
| North | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| South | 2 | 12 | 32 |
| Total | 2 | 12 | 32 |
| R = (Groups * 10) + Spots) |
- Group 921
-
This group is huge and straddles the Meridian. I am estimating its width to be 15-20% that of the Sun. The P spot is bag with a thin penumbra. It if trailed by some small faint spots that lead to some more faint but larger spots out in front of the cluster of F spots. There is a lot of penumbra everywhere but not as dark as that around the P spot.
- Group 922
-
This group trails Group 921 and is lower on the disk. This spot is starting to differentiate and "solidify." There are two larger and darker spots in the center and thee light spots before and behind them.
|
|---|
|
I have heard back from my camera guy and he does not have the TV cable, the AC adapter, the manuals or software. Looking at the Nikon Web site it appears that the AC adapter was not an included accessory . I found someone selling them on the Web for $50. It was an EH-31 AC Adapter which looks identical to my CoolPix 950 adapter. The video cable is available on eBay for about $5, but I have never used the one that came with my 950 so will probably not go after it. I am looking to meet up with the seller sometime on Sunday.
<< Home