Standard Time returned at 0200 this morning.
EST = UTC -5
| Observing Location | PSC |
| Observational Period | 0945-1000 EDT |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Broken >75% |
| Temperature | 51°F |
| Wind | !5mph hidting to 31mph |
| Humidity | Low |
| Feels Like | Cool and very windy |
It was very windy today. There were lots of small branches down everywhere and a few larger limbs. I saw healthy branches in lead that had been torn from trees, even a !/2" picr limb full of needles. Even with the wind it was comfortable sitting in the sub, but unfortunately it was behind the clouds most of the time and then it was chilly.
|
| Instruments | Canon 15x50 IS binocular w/Baader AstroSolar filter film
- Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
| Target | Sunspots |
| Constellation | Vir |
| Category | Solar |
| Time | 20061029.0945 EDT |
| Comments |
Heliographic Latitude (B0) | +4.84° |
Heliographic Longitude (L0) | 240.99° |
Position Angle (P) | +25.18° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2049 |
I had to wait for breaks in the clouds to make my observations. There were a few breaks that were big enough that I wasn't rushed and could search the entire dusk. I did not see any spots or plage.
| | Groups | Spots | R |
| North | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| South | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Total | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| R = (Groups * 10) + Spots) |
|
|---|
|
I was listening to the radio Saturday night and a guy was talking about a new Meade digital camera he got. It is a $700 camera that only takes B&W pictures. To get color pictures you have to take four pictures through different filters and combine them. He plans to use it on his guide scope while his $4000 camera is taking the picture. I wonder what he is using for a scope.
<< Home