| Observing Location | PSC |
| Observational Period | 1015-1030 EDT |
| Atmospheric Conditions | Varying quickly between partly cloudy and totally overcast; moderate haze; mild with no breeze.
| Transparency | Poor |
| Seeing | Good |
|---|
|
| Instruments | Brunton 8x21 compact binocular w/gold welder's glass - Charlie
|
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
| Target | Sunspots |
| Constellation | Vir |
| Category | Solar |
| Time | 20060928.1015 EDT |
| Comments |
Heliphraphic Latitude (B0) | +6.84° |
Heliographic Longitude (L0) | 253.27° |
Position Angle (P) | +25.77° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2048 |
No spots were seen. There are no spots on the SOHO image.
| | Groups | Spots | R |
| North | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| South | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Total | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| R = (Groups * 10) + Spots) |
|
|---|
|
Today I started creating a table to summarize my crescent moon observations. To get all of the information I want into it it has to be too wide to fit within the confines of this column so I have made a separate page for it. I backed out al of the observations for this year but still need to go back through the blog and back out last year’s observations.
While I was filling in the table of the length of each lunation I noticed that they change in a predictable manner so created a graph to show how they vary.
<< Home