04 May 2006

29 April 2006

Location: TotL and TPO
The park was very crowded and it was difficult finding a seat with a view of the sun. As the sun dropped into the trees I had to move down to the SE corner of the Lawn
Time: 1700-1900
Atmospheric Conditions: clear; light breeze; cooler than normal; variable boiling on the limb particularly as it got lower on the horizon
TransparencyGood
SeeingGood
Instruments: Canon 15x50 IS binocular - Charlie
Party: Charlie Ridgway

Target: Sunspots
Constellation: Ari
Category: Solar
Time: 20060429.1700


Location: TotL
Time: 2000-2230 EDT
Atmospheric Conditions:clear; cool; breezy, mid-40s
TransparencyGood
Seeinggood
Instruments: SAR - Charlie
Fujinon 16x70 binocular - Tom
Observing Party:Charlie Ridgway
Tom Clabough

Target:ISS
Constellation:
Category: Satellite
Time: 20060429.20.56 EDT
Comments: The pass started later than we were expecting and lasted longer. It ended in the NE rather than the N. It was fairly bright

Target: Iridium 47
Constellation: Cas
Category:Satellite
Time: 20060429.21.29 EDT
Comments: A nice fairly bright flare near Caph. Short lived and not spectacular at all.

Category:
Target: M44, The Beehive Cluster
Constellation: Gem
Deep Sky Object
Time: 20060429.21.30 EDT
Comments: close enough that a corner of it fits into the FOV with Saturn

Target: Saturn
Constellation: Gem
Category: Planet
Time: 2000429.21.30 EDT
Comments: Couldn't tall anything about it save that it was not round

Target:73P/Schwassman-Wachmann 3
Constellation: CrB and Her
Category: Comet
Time: 20060429.21.45 EDT
Comments: Not Seen
I was not able to get the red dot lined up with the scope so it was difficult getting on alpha CrB/I tried both B and C.

Target: Jupiter
Constellation: Lib
Category: Planet
Time: 2000429.22.00 EDT
Comments:two moons above, one below; Io on the limb. Tom's binocular

Target: ISS
Category: Satellite
Time: 20060429.22.31 EDT
Comments: dimmer than the previous pass and much shorter; low over the trees over the old police precinct building

Disclaimer
This is my personal record of my astronomical observations. It was written for my personal reference. The only reason it is in a blog is that a blog is a very convenient way to get the records formatted more or less uniformly and they will, hopefully, have greater longevity at Google where the servers are backed up than on my hard drive which never gets backed up. I occasionally include copyrighted material in my posts. I do this to make it convenient for me to access things I think I might want to refer to again. I think of this like making a photocopy of something I read that I put in a file where I can find it when I want it. As I understand copyright law, as explained in the DVD series Copyright Compliance by Chip Taylor Communications, this use is allowed under the Fair Use doctrine since I am not making any money on this blog, I don’t publicize the blog, and only occasionally post small excerpts of copyrighted works.


Disclosure
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.

The owner(s) of this blog will never receive compensation in any way from this blog.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.