1 May 2006
| Location: | TotL | ||||
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Time: | 2000-2230 EDT | ||||
| Atmospheric Conditions: | Light to moderate breeze with gusts. It was chilly although the temperature had only dropped from 56 to 52 by the time we left. My lips and hands are wind burned, the rest of me a little chilled.
| ||||
| Instruments: | Canon 15x50 IS binocular - Charlie
Celestron 10x50 binocular - Kin | ||||
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
Kin Lee |
| Target: | Moon |
|---|---|
| Constellation | Tau |
| Category: | Lunar |
| Time: | 20060501.2018 |
| Comments: | The terminator was E of Mare Crissium and through the largest of the three craters in a string below the equator
At about 2200 EDT I noticed a white stripe across the sky from the Moon through the Zenith and then down to the south of Arcturus and north of Jupiter |
| Target: | HIP 32369 |
|---|---|
| Constellation: | Gem |
| Category: | Planet and Star |
| Time: | 20060501.2027 |
| Comments: | Mars is right next to this 6.95 red star. Mabsuta far off to the right |
| Target: | Saturn and M44 |
|---|---|
| Constellation: | Gem |
| Category: | Planet and Deep Sky Object |
| Time: | 20060501.2038 |
| Comments: | You could see M44 but Saturn was just a splash of bright light near the opposite edge of the FOV |
| Target: | Meteor |
|---|---|
| ConstellationLeo | |
| Category | Meteors |
| Time: | 20060501.2111 |
| Comments: | very fast. Straight down to the right of the Time-Warner towers. I saw it with peripheral vision but was not wearing my glasses at the time so it definitely was not stray light reflecting off the frame or lenses
Probably a Lyrid |
| Target: | 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann E |
|---|---|
| Constellation: | CrB and Her |
| Category | Comets |
| Time: | 20060501.2125 |
| Comments: | Not Seen
I tried for both the B and C fragments and did not see either of them. At one point I was slewing to the FOV and saw a obvious fuzz ball and thought it might be a comet fragment. But I realized that the star field I needed wasn't there and the very obvious object I was seeing was actually M13 and I needed to drop down a bright star to get to the lower right corner of the Keystone so I could begin my hop. |
| Target: | Jupiter |
|---|---|
| Constellation: | Lib |
| Category: | Planet |
| Time: | 20060501.2215 |
| Comments: | One moon on top and the other three fairly evenly spaced below. |
| Target: | Resurs Rocket |
|---|---|
| Constellation: | Lib, Ser, CrB, Boo, Dra Umi, Cet |
| Category: | Satellite |
| Time: | 20060501.2219 |
| Comments: | I think I first saw it around Jupiter and got my binocular on it and tracked it until it dissipated in the trees directly beneath Polaris. About Mag 3.5 at its brightest but much fainter and no longer a naked-eye object after reaching Manhattan North. It was fading groom binocular view as it went into the trees and I cant be sure if it was hidden by the trees or faded from view. |
<< Home