9 March 2006
| Observing Location | NYC |
|---|---|
| Observational Period | |
| Atmospheric Conditions | CSC says it will be about 40% cloud covered at the start of the normal observational period and get worse as the night progresses while NOAA says cloud cover will be dropping over that same period and will begin to climb again after 0100. Either way it will be too cloudy and humid for observing. CSC says it will be too cloudy through noon on Saturday for them to predict transparency.
Clear Sky Clock graphic NOAA graphic |
| Instruments | |
| Observing Party |
It was cloudy here all day today. Not real dense cloud, I could still tell there was blue up there but I couldn't see the sky. Instead of getting better like CSC had predicted it either stayed the same or got worse, it is hard to tell. But I could see the moon burning through the clouds tonight so it wasn't as bad as last night. It is warm but the humidity makes it feel a little nippy. I will give CSC the benefit of the doubt and say that the observed conditions tonight were worse than predicted. |
<< Home