27 March 2006
Here are the recent CSC assessments I was able to make:
- 24Mar06 - good agreement
- 25Mar06 - good agreement
- 26Mar06 - good agreement
| Observing Location | TotL |
|---|---|
| Observational Period | 1955-2010 EST |
| Atmospheric Conditions | It was a beautiful day here today. I went out and sat still on a park bench in the afternoon and got a little bit red from the sun. I hadn't gotten the cables rerouted on my computers so couldn't get to a weather forecast but couldn't imagine that it would be anything other than great so headed downtown planning to arrive shortly before 2000 EST to participate in an amateur radio net before starting observing. To be kind to my back I wasn't carrying anything that wouldn't fit in my pockets so was planning on naked-eye observing. When I got off the subway there was a bus pulling into the stop so I rode it the three blocks over to the park. Getting off there I could see that the sky didn't look really dark. On getting into the park I could see that it was very mottled. I got to TotL and sat on a bench waiting for the net to start and watching the clouds pass by. About 2015 EST the batteries on the radio died and the clouds were still there so I headed home. Since I hadn't seen the CSC forecast I can't make any assessment of its accuracy tonight. |
| Instruments | Naked-eye - Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway |
<< Home