19 December 2005
| Observing Location | New York City |
|---|---|
| Observational Period | |
| Atmospheric Conditions | Tonight was forecast by CSC to have been a marginal night.
Clear Sky Clock graphic It was supposed to be clear but transparency transparency was supposed to have gone downhill. We are on the verge of a transit strike and I didn't want to go down to the park and get stranded there if there isn't a settlement so am going to stay home. I have 15 new asteroidal occultation maps to make and get online anyway. About 2130 EST when I was on my way home from dinner I counted six stars in a fairly dark location with a good view of the sky. There were so few stars I couldn't tell which ones they were. There was a big ring of illuminated haze around the moon. By the time I got home before 2200 EST I was seeing many more stars in a much more light polluted and restricted patch of sky. |
| Instruments | |
| Observing Party |
<< Home