11 December 2005
| Observing Location | New York City |
|---|---|
| Observational Period | |
| Atmospheric Conditions | It has been a dreary looking afternoon and CSC says the sky isn't going to be anything to travel for tonight.
Clear Sky Clock graphic There is talk of more snow tonight and through the day tomorrow but it is just supposed to be flurries. |
| Instruments | |
| Observing Party |
| Target | Moon and Mars |
|---|---|
| Constellation | Ari |
| Category | Planet |
| Time | 11Dec05; 1830 EST |
| Comments | I was on my way downtown and looked up and saw the moon rising with Mars about 5° to its lower left. I had my camera with me so I had to back up and make a few pictures of them. They were made on real film (are you old enough to remember what that is) so it will be a while before they are processed and burned to CD. Hopefully there will be something there that I can post here. when I got home around 2200 EST the moon was behind thick clouds and partially obscured. |
<< Home