18 February 2005
| Observing Location | TotL |
|---|---|
| Observational Period | 2030-2130 EST |
| Atmospheric Conditions | Tonight was an Astronomy Meetup meeting night but there were only three of us in attendance and all wanted to do some observing so the meeting was very short. The ladies were not dressed for the weather so didn't last long. I hung out until the apple cider I got at Starbucks started to percolate then headed back home. Anticipating windy conditions and an abbreviated observing session I did not bring my tripod tonight so most of the observing was done naked-eye even though I had the Canons. The temperature was in the 20s and dropping quickly. The winds were moderate with some strong and pronged gusts wrapping the fabric around some of Chirsto's Gates. The fabric was constantly in motion sometimes extending out horizontally and flapping in the wind. Cloud cover was probably near 25% and fairly thick where it was although the moon burned through it. |
| Instruments | Canon 15x50 Image Stabilized binoculars - Charlie |
| Observing Party |
Charlie Ridgway
Emily & guest (Meetup) |
| Naked-eye Limiting Magnitude Observations |
|
|---|
| Target | Constellations |
|---|---|
| Constellation | |
| Category | Constellations |
| Time | 18Feb05; 2100 EST |
| Comments | Most of the time was spent showing Emily and her friend what I could find. Most of the remainder in trying to identify as many constellations as possible without reference to Planetarium. The following constellations were located with a high degree of certainty.
|
| Target | |
|---|---|
| Constellation | |
| Category | |
| Time | |
| Comments |
<< Home